November 12, 2011

Wadsworth Wedding

Hellooooooooooo. Long time no post. The past couple of days I have been very lazy when it came to posting but for my faithful followers I have something special for you. Tonight I went to a very special wedding at an incredible location. The Wadsworth Mansion hosted the union of Sam and Ken that I was so graciously invited to. The location, combined with a classic New England autumn inspired this post. For those unfamiliar with the Wadsworth Mansion, but interested in early 20th Century architecture, I share with you this amazing estate.
richarsenault.com
Designed by the New York architecture firm Hoppin and Koen in 1900, this estate was built for Colonel Clarence S. Wadsworth and wife Katharine Fearing Hubbard as a summer retreat in Middletown, Connecticut. Its hard to believe that such an estate was intended to be a summer home.
nifiswedding.bigfolioblog.com
Along with the beautiful building, the landscape designed by renown architecture firm The Olmsted Brothers adds to the thoughtful design of this property.
camping.de
 Tonight I will leave you with a collection of pictures of this beautiful building in hopes that it inspires you and allows you to see the beauty of building and landscape working as one to create harmony.
weddingreports.com
weddingreports.com
mywedding.com
saltygrapesblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment