November 30, 2011

Future Projects

Hello hello hello. Its been a while since I last posted but tonight I have something very special for you. The past couple of days I have been very busy working on some projects of my own. I am very excited about them and if all goes to plan I will have them finished by this weekend.

The first project I have been working on is a chair that I found. So far I removed the existing fabric and am going to modify the back and arms.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
  The back of the chair will be a wooden grid with upholstered squares while the seat of the chair will have a cushion upholstered the same as the back.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
As for the arms, there will be a cushion on top upholster in a solid fabric with contrasting piping while the wood of the arms and sides will be stained dark.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
I want to leave as much of the wood exposed on this chair as possible. As I was removing the upholstery, hundreds of small nail holes where left in the wood giving it an incredible aged look. After the wood gets sanded and stained, I hope to accomplish a rustic look to the wood while having a touch of sophistication from the fabric and piping.

The second piece I am working on I am really excited about. I came across a very large piece of crown molding at work that came from a theater in Boston. It is hand carved solid wood and is about 18" wide, 15" tall, and 14" deep.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
 My plan for this piece is to sand it down to bare wood and put a large top on it. It will be wall mounted and can be used as a shelf or bedside table. As you can see I already started sanding and the wood has so much character.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
I am asking around the office to find out more about the history of where it came from and as soon as I find out more I will pass it along to you.
www.cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com
I hope everyone enjoyed this post and please leave comments on your thoughts of my work. Stay tuned for the finished products!

No comments:

Post a Comment